At Wisconsin Dells Health Services, our highly skilled nurses provide the best quality care. Their skills are only half the picture. Each nurse is a gentle and caring person, with genuine concern for you.
The following skilled nursing services are available at Wisconsin Dells Health Services:
- Onsite Medical Director coordinates and improves medical services
- Director of Nursing oversees all aspects of healthcare
- Individualized resident care plan treatments
- IV therapy
- Dementia care
- Wound care
- Respite Stays
- Enteral feeding program
- Catheter care
- Colostomy Care
- Off-site dialysis
- Ileostomy Care
- Nutrition & hydration programs
- Medication management & education
- Diabetic management & education
- Restorative nursing
- Pain management
- Hospice program
- Bowel & bladder programs
- Model environment for nurse training
- In-house, on-going continued learning courses and CNA training programs
- Audiology Services
- On staff registered dietitian
- Laboratory testing and X-rays
- Transportation services
Our nurses work with your family to create a comfortable environment including simple routines and visual cues as a positive substitute for diminishing mental processes.
Our experienced nurses will provide help with all aspects of managing diabetes including:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Insulin administration and tracking
- Exercise planning
- Menu planning, education and more.
Restorative Nursing Program
We seek to maximize the quality of life for our long-term care population, who require a specialized restorative program. Our therapy and nursing staff develop individualized treatment plans for your care in the areas of:
- Range of motion
- Activities of daily living
- Positioning and alignment
- Skin integrity and wound management
- Contracture management
- Bowel and bladder training
- Rehabilitative and social dining
- Strengthening and restraint reduction
- Weekly and monthly height and weight monitoring
We provide dietary programs which are designed to meet your dietary and physician ordered needs while in our care.
To ensure that you are receiving the proper nutritional needs we offer:
- Meals to meet specific dietary and therapeutic needs, according to physician orders
- Oral supplemental, as prescribed by each physician
- Regular nutritional assessments from our registered dietitian
Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to providing outstanding results and excellent quality of care. You are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability. Your family is also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions, caregiver education, and training.
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving your highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following evaluation, our experienced physical therapist develops an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increase strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increase motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improve coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improve overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our professional occupational therapist uses task-directed activities in the treatment of those whose functional abilities, daily activities and independence have been impaired by illness, injury or aging.
Occupational therapy assists you in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapist may work with each individual that has a debilitating arthritic condition or those with difficulty bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living. They assist you with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Our speech therapist provides a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help you when affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. They also work with those suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills: memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing
Our respiratory therapists evaluate and treat individuals who have trouble breathing or those with respiratory associated illnesses such as asthma, pneumonia, emphysema, bronchitis and sleep apnea.
Respiratory therapy services include:
- Nebulized Breathing Treatments
- Ventilatory Assistance
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Breathing Exercises
- Patient Education
- Assistance with CPR
- Airway Management
A positive and uplifting atmosphere can set the tone for your stay. Wisconsin Dells Health Services employs outgoing and friendly professional staff to create social programs and activities. We often specialize activities to match your capabilities.
You are given a calendar to keep them informed of upcoming events such as birthday parties, movies, musical programs, outings and other special events. Friends and family are always welcome to visit and attend our special events.
Specific activities can include:
- Active resident and family councils and volunteer programs
- Musical performances
- Current events update
- Reading the newspaper
- Singing exercises
- Fitness activities
- Stretching exercises
- Religious meetings
- Field trips/outings
- Volunteer involvement
Wisconsin Dells Health Services boasts a support service team that assists both you and your family during transitional periods. This team will also provide essential information, manage requests and concerns, help in care planning and manage discharge planning for you.
We can arrange professional services for:
- Dementia assessment
- Psychosocial and Psychiatric Evaluation
- Individual therapy
- Arrange transportation to appointments
- Accompanying resident to appointments upon request
- Power of Attorney
Wisconsin Dells Health Services is pleased to provide a sub-acute care program for those who come to us recently released from the hospital. Our dedicated team of professionals is experienced in treating you in whatever state you may be in, from recently discharged from a hospital, to medically fragile. Our goal is to assist you in the recuperation process while helping you achieve your maximum functional capabilities.
Our staff strives to provide the highest quality of care for our medically fragile residents, understanding that they may require various special services for recovery.
We provide the following services:
- Inhalation therapy
- Tracheotomy care
- Intravenous tube feeding
- Complex wound management
Severe injury often affects the whole person – body, mind, and spirit. Our team approach to care includes nurses which are available 24 hours a day, therapists, dietitians, and case managers.
Our staff at Wisconsin Dells Health Services know that when someone is suffering from the progressive stages of memory loss, they will need continued support and assistance. We also understand that each case is uniquely different and deserves the utmost attention and care. We offer the care and attention needed to help with this process in each unique case.Memory care offers 24-hour supervised care with meals, activities and health management for you.
Here are some of the basic services offered in memory care:
- Comfortable private, or semi-private, rooms
- Daily meals
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Medication management
- Exercise and physical therapy programs
- Social programs and activities
- 24-hour staffing and personal assistance
Our personalized care focuses on:
- Creating appropriate treatment options for each resident
- Monitoring treatment effectiveness as each resident progresses
- Exploring alternatives as needed
- Creating individual goals for treatment and tolerance
Here are some helpful brochures from the Alzheimer’s Association to help you better understand this illness. Knowledge is the best tool in helping each loved one during this important time.